Mandy Parry Training can develop the Safeguarding and related Safeguarding policies for your setting. This consultancy work will usually entail visiting with the setting and then negotiating with the Designated Safeguarding Lead exactly what work it will need in terms of organisation, writing, reviewing and updating. Related Safeguarding policies may include:
Arrivals and Departures
Birthdays and Gifts
Code of Conduct
Health and Safety
Meeting Medical Needs
Recruitment and Selection
Smoking and Drugs
Teaching and Learning
Volunteers and Students
MPT can also carry out Safeguarding Audits, which can serve as a supportive way to review the Safeguarding systems in your setting. A Safeguarding Audit will entail a policy and website review, a visit to the setting and a final review. Please do contact us for further more information if you are interested.
We have also developed a number of different and ambitious training projects. Examples of some of the training projects that Mandy Parry has worked on in the past includes:
- Developing Common Assessment Framework training for the Bristol Workforce, including raising the funding from partner agencies, servicing project development meetings, publicizing and recruiting for the training, and developing, delivering and reviewing the training.
- Devising the original PEEP parent training programme, by raising the community consciousness about the potential of PEEP, training PEEP group leaders and coordinating the Knowle West PEEP project, eventually working in partnership to successfully cascade PEEP training across Bristol. PEEP supports parents to be effective educators of their pre-school children.
- Coordinating the Bristol Total Respect project, training young people in care and social workers to deliver training to the Social Care sector to enable them to listen sensitively to voice of the child in care. This involved some innovative and demanding partnership working across many sectors and was one of the most successful and remarkable training projects seen in Bristol.
- Reworking the 4YP sexual health training for Bristol, including developing much of the training, supporting and coordinating the training team, and commissioning new training to address specific needs.
- Creating new bespoke Speakeasy training to address the needs of primary schools in Bristol, enabling teachers to run their own parents groups discussing relationships and sex with young people.
Please Contact us to talk through your requirements.