This absolutely essential course aims to provide participants with a working knowledge of child protection and safeguarding, and to act as a foundation and a springboard for further learning about the complexity of these issues. I always receive excellent feedback for this course, which aims to be engaging, practical and accessible to anyone who works with children and families.
- Define child protection, safeguarding and thresholds;
- Explore key safeguarding values underpinned by current UK rights and legal framework, and key statutory guidance;
- Define key categories of abuse, and explore the signs of abuse, including radicalisation;
- Gain awareness of appropriate responses to children’s disclosure of abuse;
- Outline correct procedures for recording, reporting and referral of safeguarding concerns’
- Understand responsibilities concerning allegations of unsafe practice of professionals and volunteers; and
- Action plan for next steps in development of safeguarding knowledge and skills.
To book in-house training for your team contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To book on an open course contact: email@example.com
Thursday 7 October 2021 Safeguarding awareness
Tuesday 15 February 2022 Safeguarding awareness
Wednesday 8 June 2022 Safeguarding awareness