From 1 July 2015 all schools, registered early years childcare providers and registered later years childcare providers are subject to a Duty under section 26 of the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015, to have “due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism”.
Since then, the children’s workforce has been racing to find out more about their Prevent Duties and the exact implications of the new legislation for their setting.
Mandy Parry Training is now offering a new course entitled: ‘Supporting Establishments to comply with Radicalisation and Extremism responsibilities’ which is designed to supplement and extend other training available in Bristol on radicalisation. The day allows for plenty of discussion, reflection and consideration for how the new Prevent Duty will practically impact on the work of each individual setting. Those who have already attended WRAP or other Prevent training will find it extremely useful.
The aim of the training is to help schools protect children and young people from radicalisation and extremism and support all staff to comply with the new duties imposed. After the course, delegates will have knowledge in the following areas:
- Understanding of the duties placed on establishment by the Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015
- Development of knowledge of extremism in the context of current UK threats
- Identification of vulnerable and ‘at risk’ students
- How ‘Prevent’ strategies can be integrated within pre-existing safeguarding approaches
- How to write or revise relevant establishment policies
- How to demonstrate that the establishment is safe from the threat of extremism
- How to meet the new Ofsted Inspection requirements (including risk assessment)
- Preparation of an Action Plan to implement in your establishment
- Reporting concerns
This training is aimed at Headteachers, Designated Safeguarding Leads, Safeguarding Governors and other Business and Management staff within schools and other settings with children and young people.
It is being hosted in Bristol by Delegated Services, working in partnership with Mandy Parry Training.
The date of the training is Thursday 19 May 2016.
It costs £115 + VAT for Mandy Parry Training customers (this will apply if you have ever booked MPT for in-house training or consultancy), or £127.50 + VAT for non-customers.
To apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org